External Affairs Committee
Committee Chair: Molly Constello, Intern:Nicole Suarez, Contact: email@example.com
The SMANA External Affairs committee manages the Social Marketing listerv, creates our quarterly newsletter, updates this website, staffs conference booths, conducts social marketing 101 presentations and handles all other external communications. If you would like to participate in this committee please contact us at the email above. The external affairs team is thrilled to continue building up our network for you.
Committee Chair: Tessa Swigart, Intern: Marie Dessanti, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal of the Program Committee is to develop, provide and promote various unique and valuable programs designed to enhance your SMANA membership experience. Events may include educational opportunities, networking or other ideas for collaboration and improving your social marketing skillset. The Committee is working on projects such as: 1) Healthy People 2020 – Help to enact a strategy to achieve social marketing objectives set forth by Healthy People 2020; 2) Networking Events – A chance to meet and learn from other social marketers and hear from speakers on key social marketing topics; 3) Ask the Expert webinars – A chance for members to ask questions or inquire about any specific topic to experts in the field of social marketing. Please contact us at the email above if you would like to volunteer for this committee.
Upcoming Networking Events:
- San Francisco, CA – March 27. Register here.
- New York City, NY – March 28. Register here.
- Washington, DC – April 20. Register here. Read about February’s event here.
The social marketers listed below helped build the Social Marketing Association of North America’s foundation.
- Jay Kassirer, Cullbridge Marketing and Communications, Canada
- Kelley Dennings, American Forest Foundation, U.S.
- Abigail Fredenburg, Ketchum, U.S.
- Tony Panzera, Federal Employee, U.S.
- Lea Pounds, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health. U.S.
- Eric Greene, Ohio Department of Health, U.S.
- Laura Sanagorski, University of Florida, U.S.
- Brian Biroscak, Yale University, U.S.
- Dave Ward, Puget Sound Partnership, U.S.
- Jim Mintz, Center of Excellence for Public Sector Marketing, Canada
- Mike Newton-Ward, Independent Social Marketing Consultant, U.S.