Interested in hosting a SMANA webinar?
We are always seeking knowledgeable presenters to share their expertise with the social marketing community through our webinar series. If you are interested in hosting a webinar with SMANA, contact the SMANA Programs Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our webinars
Webinars are one of the tools we use to build a stronger social marketing legacy, advance the social marketing practice, and share knowledge. Framed around best practices and providing real world case study examples, our webinars are approachable, not intimidating. Some past topics have included social marketing 101, digital metrics, qualitative research, and driving behavior change through communications.
Who are they for?
Whether they are beginners new to the field or skilled practitioners, our webinars appeal to a wide variety of audiences. Webinars are one of the many benefits offered to SMANA members and potential members. Webinars may be tailored to a specific audience (e.g., beginners or practitioners looking to brush up on their skills), or serve a broader audience.
- Length: Webinars are scheduled for an hour (40-minute presentation, 15-minute Q&A, 5-minute intro and wrap-up)
- Content: Webinars should focus on new or old (thought about in a new way) information or concepts. They should have tangible takeaways that participants can use or consider in their work. They may also include case studies, examples of what does or doesn’t work, etc.
- Platform: Webinars are run through Start Meeting. Presenters participate in a dry run to ensure they are comfortable with the system. Presenters can choose whether or not to use their webcam for the presentation.
- Recordings: All webinars are recorded and posted in the members-only section of the SMANA website.
- Timeline: A critical path schedule will be provided to the presenter outlining tasks, ideal timeframes and responsibilities for the presenter and SMANA. Typically, webinars will be scheduled at least eight weeks in advance.