SMANA administers a jobs board in a private members-only LinkedIn group. Members please visit the group here. You will need a LinkedIn account to see the jobs and will require administrative approval to join the group.
Social Marketing Historical Timeline Infographic
If you are interested in the history of social marketing like what were our seminal articles and how the framework has progressed throughout the last 60 years, look no further than this timeline. Thank you to Jeff French for compiling the information as part of the Handbook of Persuasion and Social Marketing.
Social Marketing Academic and Training Opportunities
There are multiple ways to learn more about social marketing whether new to the field or a seasoned professional. Our community provides academic opportunities along with day-or week-long trainings. Visit this link for a list of options. Are you a professor or trainer of social marketing and want to be listed or need your information updated? Please visit this form to help us keep this information up-to-date.
Social Marketing Around the World
The Social Marketing Association of North America (SMANA) works closely with other social marketing associations to advance behavior change for social good around the world.
- International Social Marketing Association (iSMA)
- Australian Association of Social Marketing (AASM)
- European Social Marketing Association (ESMA)
- Pacific Northwest Social Marketing Association (PNSMA)
Together with SMANA, these social marketing associations have developed guiding principles for the social marketing profession.
- Consensus definition of social marketing
- Academic competencies of social marketing
- Consensus Principles and Concepts Paper
- Code of Ethics – Coming soon!