SMANA Revises its Strategic Plan
The SMANA Board has approved a revised strategic plan for 2021-2024. We’re pleased to share some highlights with you.
VISION: We envision a world where social marketing is an established field of practice that is well-recognized for contributing to individual and societal well-being.
MISSION: To promote the use of social marketing in North America*, and to grow and support the community of practitioners and academics involved in this field of practice.
VALUES: Innovative, Inclusive, Collaborative, Rigorous, Responsive, Supportive
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS
- Growing the Field of Social Marketing – Promote and raise awareness of the social marketing field and its contribution to society.
- Our Members & Volunteers – Ensure that we have a continually growing and engaged membership and volunteer base that sees value in SMANA and the resources that it provides.
- Coalition Building – Regularly collaborate with other similar fields working to improve individual and societal well-being.
- Financial Health – Strengthen the financial position of SMANA so that it has the resources to hire paid staff and provide a wide variety of quality services to its members.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) – Make DEI a cornerstone of SMANA, reflected both internally and externally.
SMANA’s Board is working to finalize the plan for 2022. We thank everyone who contributed to the process. You can help define SMANA’s key actions to advance our mission and vision by joining one of our committees.
|*Canada, the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico and the United States.